Tuesday, November 10, 2020

WEEK TWELVE - A

After working out a script I began to work out the visual storyline. I started by making a grid of boxes. I know we need some extra elements such as covers and title pages, but I just wanted to start out with the content. I still need to work out a clear start and ending to the story. I want something along the lines of sharing some dream ideas (and after their all read) now close your eyes and dream of some of your own. 

From the research done last week, I found a lot of inspiration (from one of my favorite childhood books) Brown Bear, Brown Bear. I don't want this story to just be a list of some silly things to dream, but also have another value to it. I decided to connect each scene to a specific color.  

The style will be something similar to this where the see use of color becomes a focal point:



Here's a link to my Pinterest: https://pin.it/PutcOuv

I got a handful of the scenes roughly sketched out. I don't have a specific color for the Balancing Boats so I may make them orange and not include the Kissing Kangaroos... not sure yet. I also need to work on building a sense of foreground and background so my subject doesn't look like they're just floating on the page. I've struggled with this before in other Illustrations I've tried to do. While the two photos above aren't great examples, the book Goodnight Already does a great job of building a place for the bear and duck.






No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL SHORT STORY

  Here is my final short story layout! Professor Mata really enjoyed my visual style and was glad I was able to figure out how I want to ill...