Tuesday, October 20, 2020

WEEK NINE - A

I received two comments from my groupmates about feedback on my final paper sketches. 


After reading through their thoughts and getting outside input I decided to go with the vampire as it matches better with the article of wanting to scare trick-or-treaters. I started with the background and worked on Procreate. I did a lot of research on Pinterest for finding cartoon styles and how to add color. I started by doing outlines of the door, trees, and other elements and then made a layer in the background to fill in the color. I wanted to use the color as a way to add further texture to the piece. 

Here is what I had finished over the weekend



On Tuesday I continued working on my editorial.



I decided to add a longer cape to my vampire. I haven't finished the face yet, but everything else is coming together well. I received some comments on not having the speech bubble, however, I think the fangs comment really adds to the disappointment of a COVID Halloween. I do want to change the style of the speech bubble though to be a little softer and not as geometric. 

Here's a screenshot of some of the examples I have with speech bubbles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL SHORT STORY

  Here is my final short story layout! Professor Mata really enjoyed my visual style and was glad I was able to figure out how I want to ill...