Wednesday, October 14, 2020

WEEK EIGHT - A

After uploading my editorial thumbnails, I waited for my groupmates' feedback on my design. Below I have a screenshot of my groupmates' comments. Their suggestions and advice were a little mixed with two in favor of the Halloween scarecrow and one for the anxious scribbles. 


While I appreciated their input on which one to do, I was still a little uncertain about how my illustration should look. I scheduled a meeting with Professor Mata and she gave me some feedback gave me a clear direction in. 

I told her what my groupmates said and she told me to pick the one I prefer and start from there. I feel that both of the ideas I could work with, but the anxiety scribbles felt like it could become more of a fine art project where the scarecrow would be more of a cartoon. I decided to go with the scarecrow and try a more cartoon/political cartoon style; something I've never really done before. 

With that choice, Professor Mata suggested I try to make the scene really gloomy and creepy, and then I can have that notorious blue mask and make him not as scary anymore. 

I started by creating a mood board before my sketches to get a general idea of the style, colors, and look of the elements. 

Here's my Pinterest board link:

https://pin.it/41eIJLl




No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL SHORT STORY

  Here is my final short story layout! Professor Mata really enjoyed my visual style and was glad I was able to figure out how I want to ill...