Tuesday, October 27, 2020

WEEK TEN - A

Today we were assigned a new project to create an animated gif using procreate. I’m very excited to create an animation especially through Procreate as I did not know that was a possibility to doom that app. I started by watching the tutorial video posted on D2L for use to use. It was actually very helpful in learning different styles there are possible to do. Here is the link to the video:

 
After watching the video I wanted to collect more ideas so I made a Pinterest board. I saved many gifs that I found fun and a direction I could go in. Here is the link to my Pinterest board:



Our assignment was open to whatever we would like to draw and I still wasn’t sure of a direction to go in. I thought of maybe doing something with plants or may be Halloween themed, but I then I decided on making something for my Dad since it’s his birthday on Saturday. 

So, I began with writing down the requirement and then a list of ideas of things my dad likes. From there I did three sketches of some of the ideas and decided on the Mini Cooper. My thought is to have the wheels spin and then similar, to the cloud background have trees passing by behind it. Below are my paper and pencil sketches.


Next, I moved into Procreate and started out drawing the car. I brought in a photo of the pencil sketch I did and used a photo of my Dad’s car to match the colors. 



I had the most trouble with smoothing out the shape and with figuring out the wheels. My next step is to figure out the animation and the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL SHORT STORY

  Here is my final short story layout! Professor Mata really enjoyed my visual style and was glad I was able to figure out how I want to ill...