Tuesday, September 8, 2020

WEEK 3 - A

For Thursday we were assigned to read two chapters in Discussing Design to help us learn and understand how to give/receive a critique. Chapter one titled Understanding Critique shared information on the importance of collaboration and coordination and the different versions of feedback. Chapter two titled What Critiques Look Like is a list of tips and explanations on how to give a critique and also how to prepare yourself to receive one.

After completing our readings and posting our final compound words, I then had to critique my partner's work. Here is a link to my partner's blog and his word and final illustration:


finger food



The critique I posted on Tim's work: 

  • Tim,

    I find the word you chose to be a very fun and creative choice and your execution of finger food to be effective. I believe the strongest element of your piece to be the inclusion of texture. The subtle shading on the fingers and fry container and the speckling of the sign creates some virtual interest. I also think the added drop shadow on the word finger helps emphasize the word you are alluding too. While I think your shop french fry sign works when I think of finger food I think of fancy tiny sandwiches and desserts. Possibly you could have done a small platter of colorful small appetizers presented as if staged for a magazine but the food is made of fingers. 

    Either way, I think your piece is affective with illustrating your word and I agree with Rebecca that it would be a great addition to a Halloween display :)




Our next project is creating five illustrations out of found objects. I'm very excited about this project because after using sand I'm open to explore working and including different items into my illustrations. After exploring Pinterest for some inspiration, began to rummage through my desk and around my dorm room looking for smaller objects. I piled a small collection of items I collected. 


I think I have a lot of directions to go with my small collection. My next step is to pick five specific items and begin thinking of ideas. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL SHORT STORY

  Here is my final short story layout! Professor Mata really enjoyed my visual style and was glad I was able to figure out how I want to ill...