Tuesday, August 25, 2020

WEEK ONE - A

After reading through the syllabus and completing other first-day material, I began brainstorming for the first project. Our first assignment is to create an illustration based on a compound word. We have free range of what medium to use and the final piece can be 2D or 3D. The size required is 8" x 10" and we will be submitting the project digitally.

Reading through the list of example words at the bottom of the assignment, I began to think of some ideas. I began brainstorming some ideas for a few words such as doorman, spacesuit, and dog house. I didn't want to go with the first idea I thought of and I knew a lot of people will be working with these words as well. I began searching the internet for different examples of compound words while also trying to find a unique material. 

I stumbled upon the word sandman and wondered if I could draw a man out of sand? I am going to the beach for the weekend with family, so I could collect some sand from there to use. I remember seeing artists who create portraits and visual stories using only sand so I began researching how they do so and seeing if I could create something using a similar technique.

Here are some of the artists I found that use sand:





My next step before I am able to get the sand is to work on some sketches and create a Pinterest board with some composition ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL SHORT STORY

  Here is my final short story layout! Professor Mata really enjoyed my visual style and was glad I was able to figure out how I want to ill...