Thursday, September 3, 2020

WEEK TWO - B

I continued working on my illustration adding in more of the facial details. 


I think this direction is much better than what I began with. Next, I started to work on adding the eyes. I tried to refer back to my drawings as I worked. I wasn't sure how to begin the eyes so I did two little piles of sand that came out as little outlines. Here is what I had at first: 


I saw myself falling back into the everything-being-outlined trap so I erased the eyes and tried again. I looked at my researched artists again for some guidance to see how they created the eyes. Here is what I ended the evening with:


The eyes are softer now and blend in a little easier since they are not fully outlined. My next steps are to figure out the mouth and the background. For the final submission of the project, I am going to crop out the paper showing on the edges so it's just the sand. I think I should also add a little bit of shoulder too or something else so it's not just a floating head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL SHORT STORY

  Here is my final short story layout! Professor Mata really enjoyed my visual style and was glad I was able to figure out how I want to ill...